Thursday, January 29, 2009

It aint easy being Green

I'm trying to locate 9" x 12" and/or 10" x 13" envelopes. I would like to find the highest post-consumer recycled content as possible. I searched and searched and after an hour of searching the best thing I could find were 40% PCW in a natural brown. Where is the market for recycled office supplies and why aren't there more?

My effort to find security envelopes with any recycled content came up empty. Please let me know if you have a source for such items.

It shouldn't be this hard being green. Where are the entrepreneurs to supply this market? Where are the responsible manufacturers? I realize this market is driven by economies of scale which makes it difficult for recycled products to compete with virgin when so many people purchase strictly on price.

No comments: